8.23.2009

Ink

Tattoo #2 (as I so fondly refer to it as), is in the works! I have a general idea of what I am looking to get and its location; however, the exact details are TBD. I could sit here and chronicle how meaningful and personal Tattoo #2 (like my first) will be to me; however, words probably could not do it justice (that, and there's beauty in symbolism and I appreciate holding some meanings on a personal level).

Below are some of my ideas and inspirations.


Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
- The Beatles

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,and never stops at all.
- Emily Dickinson

Love is anterior to life,
posterior to death,
initial of creation,
and the exponent of breath.
- Emily Dickinson



Each verse has a unique take on the meaning I would like to capture. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. this is really awesome. i'm looking to hopefully someday soon get a blackbird tattoo, in memory and honor of my aunt, uncle, and second cousin who were killed in a plane crash. at the funeral, we sang "blackbird" and ever since then I associate that song with that memory. this is a really awesome image, and goes along with the song really well. very sweet!

    ReplyDelete